Whew, this weather is making it hard to believe but the growing season really IS well underway here at the farm. The greenhouse is crammed full of plants on their way to becoming delicious food for YOU. Can’t wait!
Some of you have been asking if we still have CSA shares available, and the answer is a resounding YES! I’ve been pretty quiet about it this spring because in the last month we have merged our traditional weekly CSA with Daybreak Growers Alliance, and I’ve been working out the details. More info about that below!
Farmstand CSA Shares:
For those of you who shop at the farmstand or ANY of our farmers markets, the Farmstand CSA is still the easiest and most flexible way to support our farm and get a great deal. Pay $100 per share, get $110.00 in farmstand credit to spend on ANYTHING – seedlings, produce, bread, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, maple syrup, you name it. You can as many shares as you need – most people get 2 or 3, but you can get whatever works for you. Shares must be paid in full by May 15th. Follow the link to sign up HERE.
The Daybreak Growers Alliance is a multi-farm CSA dedicated to promoting and distributing produce and farm products from Waldo County farms. We are now part-owners of the Daybreak LLC, and it means that our CSA shares will now be Daybreak Shares. If you choose to try out Daybreak, we think you’ll like what you see!
Here are some awesome things about our new venture:
• Daybreak delivers CSA shares with our produce as well as produce from other local, organic farms that we love, like Villageside Farm in Freedom, New Beat Farm in Knox, Ironwood Farm in Albion and many more.
• Daybreak CSA Shares are customizable, which means if there’s one or two things you don’t like, you can choose to sub in a different veggie!
• Choose from mixed veggie, greens-only, and fruit-only shares
• You can choose ADD-ONs, including meat, eggs, and more.
• Daybreak delivers Shares YEAR-ROUND, which is awesome, but shares are broken up into two month blocks, so you can pick and choose which times of year work best for you. You can even put your shares ON HOLD if you need to skip a week for vacation!
• No need to pay in full up front for shares – You can choose payment plans that will charge your card weekly if you prefer.
In short, Daybreak has a lot to offer, and we hope you think so too. They will be delivering to Athenahealth, Waldo County General, and a public Belfast location as well as many other locations throughout the state. Check out the flyer here, or find out more at https://www.daybreakgrowersalliance.com/
Can’t wait to see you all this spring and summer. Piles of fresh produce coming your way!
Thanks for your support,
Christa, Mike, Lizzy and Nicky